Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cat Vomit

Warning: Pretty gross... Don't read this if you have a really weak stomach.


Category: Vomit
Associated Animal: Cat
Number of Varieties: At least four

Well, there was inspiration for this topic, you'll be glad to know. I woke up this morning to find out that my cat had vomited on the kitchen floor and a couple sections of the stairs. This was pretty watery vomit (foamy but clear), so it wasn't so bad, and I was glad that it wasn't worse than it was. Now this watery vomit is new to me, so that's why I say there are at least four kinds of cat vomit. There's the all too common hairball, which is less vomit and more hair coughed up from being licked up and swallowed during the cat's "baths" (vomit #1). Here's a picture of a hairball:


That one is the least disgusting. I won't show you pictures of the other ones, you can just imagine them.

Vomit #2 is chunky vomit, which is (at least for my cat) somewhere between green and brown (it varies) and has chunks in it, surprisingly enough. Vomit #3 is regular vomit, which is fairly liquidy and viscous. It looks like normal vomit, more or less, except probably a deeper green or brown. But I suppose it depends on what the cat is eating. Vomit #4, which is newly discovered (for me anyways), is watery vomit. I'm sure cat vomit enthusiasts could have a heated debate over whether or not it constitutes actual vomit, but I'm not going to get into that...

There are probably other variations and sub-types of cat vomit, but these are the main kinds so far as I'm concerned. Here's a video of some cats vomiting! To intense classical music!



The song is "Requiem for a Dream", by the way. Anyways, as amazing as this video is, I must say that I'm not a huge fan of cat vomit. Especially when I have to clean it up. It's messy and disgusting, and the damn cats just walk away when they're done vomiting, so you know they don't give a rat's ass. Although hairballs are almost sort of cool and not that bad. But on the whole, not a fun thing.

Final Score: 1.5/10

As for the lethality of cat vomit, it wouldn't do much damage conventionally. Although I'm sure you could make somebody vomit pretty dang hard if you covered them in it or something, which would be really unpleasant. And I bet there's a lot of nasty bacteria and stuff in cat vomit from their stomachs that could get someone pretty sick if you forced them to eat it... though I'm not sure it could kill you. It would be really disgusting though.

Lethality: 3/10

P.S.: I told you this one would be more exciting than cardboard boxes! Maybe not in the way you would have liked... Oh well. If you didn't like this one, maybe you'll get lucky with the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment